Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Sister.

I get to shop in this section without feeling like I don't belong or I was robbed. I get to walk by the pink aisles and not feel bummed, not feel that ache. I get to see "mother-daughter" things and not feel jealous. I get to see dresses and dream again.

I got to buy this shirt.

And he bought her a ball. Little Sister's Ball.

She's already melted her daddy's heart. And I've melted in tears just thinking about this gift. I don't know why the Lord chose to give us another girl but I'm forever grateful. For however long we have her, as we just don't know, we will cherish and love her.

At 18 weeks and one day, this girl measured 18 weeks and four days and she passed all the little ultrasound tests just fine. Alive and normal. Those are the words you want to hear. My placenta is low and could get in the way and cause delivery problems (ie, I may need a c-section) but it's nothing to worry or be concerned over.

Many more thoughts to come soon. Thanks for sharing in our giddy excitement and for praying we'll get to bring this little sister home alive and healthy this fall. 

-One Joyful Mommy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Such an appropriate name to call her LittleLovey. It is amazing how you can love a little person (or in our case persons...baby girl Brown, baby girl Mikrut and baby girl Grether) so much even though we have never even seen their faces. We are blessed beyond measure and daily lift these precious ones up to The Lord in prayer. We love you all! Grandma K