Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Hammy?

When I say the word that describes worn clothes given to you, I call them "hammy downs." I think it was awhile ago when I realized that was not the case and recently Greg informed me again when I had it written on a list. "Hand-me-downs" just doesn't seem right to me, however, so I'm sticking with "hammy downs." Laugh at me, I don't care.

On a completely unrelated note, on my someday-to-do-list is to figure out a recipe for "hammy sammys" like my mom used to order every time we went to Burger Queen. It was ham and lettuce and some special sauce on a bun and it was good. Also, if you read Burger Queen and knew what I was talking about, obviously you are from around Williston. If not, you thought I was going loopy this morning. Burger Queen did exist, though, and it was pretty awesome in it's day. I would pay big money to go there with my mom and sister and share a milkshake today.

-Heather

No comments: