Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Toddler Here?

I've been saying for a few weeks now... Eli is definitely becoming a toddler. He has opinions on life he didn't have before. He is not as easily distracted. And he knows what he wants. But he can't quite communicate those wants and needs and feelings so that can cause some interesting moments.

He's a complete hoot all the while. I bust out laughing often. I will try to capture some of his 'isms on video to share soon. Soon... as in, when our life slows down a bit next week. Our days and nights have been packed but it'll slow down this weekend. I think. I hope to catch up on the blog then.

But for a teaser... here's a shot from our photoshoot with our friend, Michelle, who graciously took our pictures last Friday. We met Greg near work to do a quick shoot. I had everything ready, a plan for our outfits (my mom bought Eli this adorable set, complete with gray cords), and I told Michelle I just wanted one shot of us three smiling. Simple. Quick. No biggie, right? Especially with our little man who is usually into photo-taking and usually ready with a smile.

Enter in toddler-Eli. He saw the lake we were near. He wanted in. It was serious business. The whole time, he was just eyeing that lake, trying to get to it and getting upset when we wouldn't let him. Well, he did get one foot in once.

So here is what the shoot mostly looked like:


And really, this is more representing of our life now than a happy, posed three-of-us shot anyway!

-Heather

No comments: