Sunday, May 4, 2014

Cereal and Sports.

One week ago Eli turned THREE. Sometime in March I realized we were still going to be living in Greg's parents without the bulk of our stuff by the time Eli's party rolled around. I had a moment of panic (my four (or is it five?!) bins of party stuff tucked snugly in with all our other belongings). What would we do? I then thought of Eli's favorite thing (cereal) and another favorite (sports) and that led me to Wheaties. An hour later, the invite was designed and my theme was set. And as promised after birthday year one and year two, I did scale Eli's party way back this year. Part of that was due to all my party stuff being stored up, partly due to it not being in our own home, partly because I promised, and partly because most of his friends are still in SC. Sigh. We sure missed his friends but glad for the family and the new friends here.

The invite (edited slightly): 

Pretty cute, eh?
 And here are a few details from the cereal/sports themed party:



Rice Krispie "Cake" (we also had a Fruity Pebble football shaped one)

Hee hee.

Favors were box of cereal, sports sucker, and fun paddle thing

I did it for year one and year two... so the Eli shrine is sort of a tradition.

Oh yes, yes we did. There was more than this, too. I made sure to buy sugary kinds. And four kinds of milk.
We did have other breakfast food, too.


Deanna and the sister (eating tablecloth)

Birthday Boy having fun!
It was rainy, groan. We were to play sports outside but that didn't happen. Thankfully our entertainers showed up. Uncle Chris and Lilli. Together, they are all you really need to up the noise level and fun value.
Case in point:

Much fun and games were had! It was insane for a bit there. Eli got super overwhelmed towards the end. In fact, he was a horrible kid the rest of the night. I hope that's not a indication of year three for him. I am certain it was just him being overstimulated though... all the noise and excitement. Oh my!

The whole thing was very low stress which was a gift considering the day before is when we found our house and the day of is when we put money down for it (read: my mind was super distracted). It all went fine though, sans loads of details normal Heather would have done. Example: I didn't get my cute banner background. But at least remembered to take the kiddos-only shot:


Thanks to our few new, few old friends and our family that made it! Eli was so glad to have people come and eat cereal with him. Really this party was right up his alley considering cereal is his absolute favorite food. And most all our attendees (kids and adults alike) liked the cereal "bar" so we may just have to repeat that again next year!

-Heather

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is such a cute idea Heather and I wish so much that us South Carolinians could have made it!