Sunday, May 18, 2014

Slate Gray.

Our house is being built slowly but surely. I am anxious for it to get done, but I do want to be done right. We are still waiting for them to pour concrete in the basement. But it has been so cold and wet that really only the last week has it had a chance to dry. Once they pour the concrete, things will get rolling fast. We are supposed to close on June 13. We shall see if that actually happens. We think probably a few weeks after that... But for sure by the first week in July. 

I am so excited and mostly peace-filled with our house decision. I think it's going to be a great fit for us for years to come. It will have plenty enough space for us to live now on two floors and then enough space with the two unfinished floors for the future. I'll share more of the floor plan later with photos but the basics of it: it's a multi-level, three bedrooms and two baths on the top (no more storage closet Annalee!), kitchen/dining/living on the main floor. The other two levels unfinished but will plan for two more bedrooms along with another bathroom and a big living area and loads of organized, labeled storage. 

We may be broke for awhile, folks, but we will have our own place that we can truly settle in (this side of heaven). We were not looking to build a brand-new house, this came on suddenly and sort of randomly. We were driving and saw this house, met the guy that was working on the roof who called the builder on his phone. We ended up going over to meet him that night. We also met the next day at the model similar to ours and after some more conversations decided to make an offer and work directly with him. We get along well (he's got a great eye for design) and so far it's been a good experience. I'll let you know in a month if I can still say the same.

I'm picking out colors and interiors. I wish my mom was here but I'm having fun with it and trying to not go overboard. Here's our outside scheme (my goal was not beige): 


Middle gray is the majority. Blue is front. Off white is trim. Bam. 

Photos to come soon. The biggest perk is probably that our kids can walk to Grandma and Grandpa's house. You can see our roof from their windows. We want to move out but not that far! I guess that's a good thing all considering. 

I can't wait to have you over for coffee. 

-Heather

2 comments:

Let Love Grow said...

So excited for you! would love to come for coffee!

Anonymous said...

Think your choices are going to be awesome. Grammy says you have good taste!