Thursday, May 4, 2017

May the Fourth...

BE WITH YOU.

Man alive, I was not a Star Wars fan before Greg. I knew nothing. Nothing except probably the logo and that it was about space. Now... now I know some stuff. No expert but I did plan a hellagood party for my six year old last week!

And so how fitting to post some of the details on Star Wars Day!

Here I go all OVER THE TOP AGAIN. In my defense, I have no job to use my creative juices, SW is all the rage now, and we own an insane amount of Star Wars stuff! Decor cost was almost nothing. Plus since I didn't choose any colors, pretty much anything went with one of the movies and/or characters. We had a few star balloons out front, and a Chewie mask on the front door and a few odds and ends around along with some of this excessive decorating:

We (or Grandma) owns all this stuff! CUPCAKE fail here... all my good red food coloring dried out so I was stuck with using the "red" that's really just pink. Too late to change. Blue vs Redish light sabers. They were still yummy. Buttercream is the best.

Didn't want the kids playing with the plastic ones so used them for decor (borrowed half from Grandma).
EVERYTHING SW: soap and Kleenex, even Mac-n-Cheese!
Our box of prizes for all the games... so much SW

Eli wanted this theme and his invite turned out crazy cute (and I got to break out some Photoshop skills, but really this only took me an hour start to finish):

No room for the other Far without creating a new line. Whatevs, Uncle Chris.
We invited all the boys from his class along with two girls he is close with. Sorry to the rest of the ladies! Add in a handful of other friends and family and we were a full house.

We had tacos because that's what Eli requested. Again. His favorite food he'd have everyday if he could. I had to up the theme with other snacks, of course.

TACOS! Luke Skywater, Jedi Juice, Trooper Scoopers, Dark Side Chips, and Obi-Wan Kabobies!

Admiral Ackbar Snackbar!
Hans Rolos, Wookie Cookies/Chewie Cookies, Edible Ewoks, Tie Fighters (my fave), Yoda ears, R2D2 Popcorn (puffcorn plus almond bark and sprinkles), Light Sabers, Cheeze-it and Honey Maids already done for me! SW baggies


YES. Silver forks in a clearanced Easter Yoda basket. SW napkins from Target.

Some kids dressed up, others didn't and I WILL BE FOREVER BUMMED I DIDN'T GET A GROUP PHOTO!! Bollocks!
Lilli was the BEST Rey!
Pool Noodle Light Sabers - duct tape and electrical tape! I know there are no white light sabers, btw. Their favors included a SW Phonics book (or bubbles for the ones that don't like SW), SW fruit snacks, light saber pencil, and an Easter egg shaped like a SW guy with SW candy in it (90% off Target win). 

MC as Han and Amy sporting crazy cool Darth socks. 

BUBBLES!

Chewie and a Jedi and an R2D2 bubble maker. 

Freeing Han
Chewie and baby!
Awesome grandparents! And SW magnets on my microwave. Seriously had SW guys all over the place. 

I had made Leia buns but SHE's NOT WEARING THEM IN ANY OF THE PHOTOS. Plus she got tacos all over the white later and so I don't know if I'll ever get THE photo I'm looking for.

This is after all the balloons mooshed together but they were quite cool before. I drew stormtroopers on some of them. The kids were alllll about wacking these. A good portion of the party here! You can't see the SW sheets I hung for an awesome photo backdrop (that I didn't use, arg) that also covered my pantry!

CRAZY fun! Why you have unfinished basements, y'all! WAIT! I see the Leia buns! FTW!

I made a DEATH STAR pinata out of layers of toys/snacks and tin foil. AND I FORGOT ABOUT IT until 5 minutes before the party ended and many kids were gone! Oh shucks. We were outside by then bc the weather was awesome!
We also had SW bingo but it was a little too detailed for our crew...

What Jedi arrived??
Yoda hat onto it's third baby! And daddy's SW blanket from when he was a boy.
And what a sweet birthday boy, Eli is six years old!!
You're welcome, son, for this fun and detailedness. I love you!

 -party planning mama extraordinaire

No comments: