Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Sweet Treasures.

I wish more than anything that I could be posting photos of sweet six-month Maelee. Her six-month clothes are some of her most adorable. I hate they are stuck in drawers and storage bins and not on her cute little butt. Lord, come quickly!

Instead, I am posting a few gifts we were given that will always remind us of her. I am ever so grateful for all the Maelee treasures we have!

Maelee Bear (or Maelee's Bear) from Auntie Amy and Uncle Andrew. She sits in our living room and you can find Greg or I with M Bear in our laps most evenings.

I don't think I ever posted this gorgeous pillow handmade by my Aunt Bonnie. It sits in M's crib and is so delicate and precious!

The Maelee's Day Quilt! Jillian sent some beautiful fabric from China to use for a quilt. We had folks sign the fabric on Maelee's Day. Grandma K and my mom got it measured and ready for our family friend, Burnetta, to quilt. The fabric is so soft, so sweet and the stitching has a fantastic pattern that adds to the effect. And of course, the signatures remind us of our good friends and family that love us and Maelee...

Sweet treasures, indeed!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

How I wish you had more than memories and mementos to hold. Praying for you especially at this milestone.

Laurel said...

You are still in our thoughts and continually in our prayers. Lord come quickly indeed! Love you, Bill and Laurel

Kim said...

What sweet treasures you have in memory of your girl. Praying for peace for you.

Anonymous said...

these are precious treasures
praying and thinking of you often
Chris I

TheSpeights said...

Heather, my heart still aches for you guys. I am glad that you are able to talk so easily now about Maelee. It wasn't long ago that making eye contact was too painful. I fully believe prayer is working in you and THROUGH you. You guys have made such a huge impact on so many people and Maelee has made our Lord's light shine brighter. You guys are loved by so many and we keep you all in our prayers constantly. I hate what today means, but am happy to see how far you both have been able to come. You both are on a hard journey, but manage to keep smiling and make others feel loved. I just know Maelee is keeping Jesus busy up there. If she's anything like her Mama, she's always moving! ha!

Love you three very much!
-Court

Jill K said...

So glad you have such treasures as these, but I wish with everyone you had your treasure girl. Oh we are grieving and praying for you at this milestone and the big stuff for today.

Love you so-

Ausmerican Housewife - Creating with Kara Davies said...

Love the bear. I sleep with Evan's critter blankie most nights.

I tagged you in something if you want to take part.
http://thedaviesdealings.blogspot.com/2010/10/8-questions.html