Monday, December 5, 2011

Uncle Chris.

Eli's got this crazy Uncle Chris. Chris told us over the web cam awhile back that some people follow my blog just to keep in the know about him. But I don't think I really talk about him. So um, this post is going to be about crazy Uncle Chris.


He really is a great guy. A single dad to our beloved Lilliana. He works ridiculously hard in the middle-of-nowhere Utah. He's loyal to a fault and you can hear him from a mile away. There will always be a story when Chris is invovled. A long, amusing story. In fact, when Greg and I were getting married and we asked people to tell stories about Greg from his childhood, they (almost) couldn't think of any just about Greg. The stories always had Chris in them... being crazy and Greg being the calm.

He is notoriously last minute when it comes to gift giving and he always goes over the top. He's ridiculous in his giving. But everyone wants a crazy uncle like that, I think.

Details? Communication? Not really his strengths. Case in point: I sent Lilli a small package for Halloween (raisins and fruit snacks, healthier than candy). And when we were on the web cam with him while they were in ND for Thanksgiving, he comes on and says "I found this in my truck" - the unopened Halloween package. Yep, that's Chris.

Greg and Chris are twenty-one months apart and they had a lot of fun and got into much shenanigans growing up... which makes me sort of want that for Eli. Don't worry, after being pregnant for almost two years, I'm in no hurry to drink that water (though any pregnancy is a stinkin' miracle and a blessing... but that doesn't mean I'm chewing at the bit to have twenty kids thankyouverymuch).

Okay, that's all. I hope that satisfies your thirst for knowledge of the infamous Uncle Chris.

Lilliana and Eli this summer... two really cute red-headed cousins. 

-Heather

No comments: