Friday, June 20, 2014

Six Eighteen.

My sweet girl slept through the night of the 17th. I woke up the morning of my birthday one happy mom. Glorious!

Then my dear husband brought me breakfast in bed (he told me that I once told him I wouldn't like breakfast in bed because of crumbs...but now I must be more lax because I told him it sounded lovely!). Then my Dad came into town and stayed the whole day! We ate at a local diner (knoefla soup!). They gave free kuchen for my bday (which I gave to Greg) and they gave Eli a free cookie just because he asked. 

Eli: "Can I have a cookie?"
Lady: "For you today it's free!"
Me: takes cookie, gives Eli one bite then sneekily eats the rest with Grandpa. I mean, come on, it was right before nap time!

Eli was exceptionally sweet that day. He does this thing where he comes up to me and says "I love you, mama" with a hug. Pretty sure it would melt even the hardest of hearts. And later he told me I was the best ever in the world, complete with the circular hand motions he does to show something large. Love that boy. 

My dad made my favorite meal that night. Walleye (he caught in Canada the week prior), boiled potatoes, corn. So, so good.

Later I was taking pics of the kids and accidentally took one of just me that showed my hair looking super red! No gray! It's coming more and more and I do not anticipate the day I'll start dying it. May I make it another year plus!


Cool quick moving clouds that night:

Grateful for another year alive. 

-Heather