Sunday, October 12, 2014

Our Very Hungry Caterpillar First Birthday Bash!

I went over the top a bit for Annalee's first birthday but 1. she MADE IT a WHOLE year!! 2. I did for her brother. The theme was decided because I had giant cut-outs (think classroom decor) from the Very Hungry Caterpillar book dirt cheap from a craft store closing. Then Target had these cute crayons and favor bags... and well, I didn't know Annalee wasn't going to love books. Whatever. It was cute and fun! Plus I tried focusing more on the butterfly and dots instead of the hungry or fat caterpillar because she is a girl. All girls like butterflies, right?

Details details.
SMASH CAKE! Look at her "oi, I ate too much sugar" face!
I was super authentic to the book. We had every food the caterpillar ate. That's about it. Well, the apple pie was more of a puff and the leafs were peas and mints).
Plus we had actual caterpillars! Edible eyes even! (idea from Ava's birthday party)
Everyone signed Annalee's copy of the book.
Makes me happy.
The month-by-month photos got lost in the mail. No time to do my garlands. So this was a last-minute fix.

Auntie Ruthie made leaf-shaped mints!
And I found butterfly-shaped gummies! Oh and the crayons are super cute.
Greg let me have an hour so I painted for the first time in years! Super fun painting this giant dot one.
Upside down cupcake caterpillar! Grammy made them - cute and yummy! And way easier than a cake.
We borrowed this game from the Crosby crew (our godson had this birthday theme).
Eli is a ham.
The Birthday Girl and Her Grandparents!
Surprise! Grammy made her skirt last minute to match the theme. Love!
We had a little photo booth. Adorable cousin Lilli.
Happy day for us to celebrate this girl, her life.
Everyone had to wear a nametag and fill in: "& I am very ____"
Look at her licking that plum!
Ha ha ha! The funny Browns.
Balloon!
I'm ONE!

Thanks to those that were a part of her day and for all those that love from afar! We are glad for this little girl that grew so much this first year!

-Heather

3 comments:

Jonathan and Rachel said...

So cute! Miss you guys.

Sarah said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! Wish we could have celebrated with her!

Rebekah said...

So cute!! I guess this is what happens when you plan parties a month in advance instead of 2 days! :)