Thursday, July 7, 2016

Getting There.

Baby Evan. 
Feeding this little man is getting better. It is not perfect. His latch is still not as it should be. Evan has about three tell-tale bad latch signs yet. However, I think he's growing into his mouth and we will get there. Or I will become numb to it! For now, I am glad the pain is less. Knowing this is my last baby to nurse helps too!

He was 9lbs 10ozs when I stopped by my work yesterday (conveniently located where the well baby clinic is once a week). So he is gaining fine at three weeks old.

I tried a few days of getting him on the eat-wake-sleep cycle but it was too much work trying to keep him awake during/after feedings. I'll try again in a week or so when he's not so zonked all the time. I can tell we really MUST get him there because if not, the kid will use me as a pacifier until the end of time. Uffda!

Other Evan-isms for this first few weeks:

1. He burps loudly and farts louder! It's quite amusing to us that he is so loud. It makes me wary on how extreme he will be at these tasks when he is a teenager!

2. He is sleepy. He likes sleep. As long as he's fed and gets at least one burp in, he will slumber. He sometimes eats every three hours at night but he will sometimes give me one long stretch too. No method to his nighttime madness yet. That's okay.

3. He likes me best. Good thing too since I do spend a crazy amount of time with him compared to anyone else! I got an awake quick grin. I'll take it.

4. He doesn't mind his car seat. That bodes well for our trip this weekend.

5. He sleeps in a rock-n-play handmedown from Annalee (so pink) most of the time but when I know he's burped well he lays flat in the crib or floor. I think he prefers his side to sleep if I had to guess.

6. Daddy will put him on his stomach on his arm and shove a binkie in his mouth to try calm him when it is not time to eat yet but he's screaming. It works.

7. He will probably like a binkie since he's such a strong sucker. Or maybe we will have a thumb sucker in our midst. I tried not giving him a pacifier but that went out the window when I realized I was becoming one.

8. He's done really well meeting a variety of relatives and friends and coworkers. He has given many baby fever and satisfied the baby-sniffing folks around town.

All for now!



No comments: