Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The Mail.


It's not easy getting the mail these days. I got three of these yesterday.

Part of this blog is to give people a glimpse of life for those who have lost a child and especially for those who still don't have other children. Everyday things are often not quite everyday things for me. Getting the mail and finding yourself slammed with images of babies you don't have, signing out of yahoo and seeing articles for pregnancy or parenting, going grocery shopping and having to walk past the isle you don't get to shop in, watching the news and seeing commercial after commercial geared towards families, seeing the daddy and daughter holding hands as they walk into the doctor's office... things that you don't think twice about may roll around in my head for hours.

I may not be openly balling my eyes out but on the inside I'm still painfully aware as I'm reminded of what I'm missing.

"Knowing the Lord and His comfort does not take away the ache; instead, it supports you in the middle of the ache. Until I get home to heaven, there's going to be an ache that won't quit. The grieving process for me is not so much a matter of getting rid of the pain, but not being controlled by the pain." Dr. Larry Crabb

Again, if you have kiddos, please, please don't take them for granted today.

-Heather

2 comments:

TheSpeights said...

Heather,
I think about you and Greg all the time. It's so easy to get so wrapped up in your own little world that we forget to think about others. I still hurt every time I think about what you've gone through and who you don't have. Maelee is still missed so much. At the end of every month, I know the 6th is just around the corner. As that day comes, it's a reminder you and Greg have "survived" another month through your pain, but it's also another month further from the day you held Maelee. I believe Greg mentioned that even though each day puts your further away from Maelee, it also puts you closer to the day you will see her again. I have no idea what pain you are going through. I can only try to imagine it. Adam and I try to spend every moment we can wrapping our arms around Ella. I'm always here and am always praying for you guys. I just know you both will have the happiness only a child can bring one day.

Love you three,
Court

Anonymous said...

We love you and we think and pray for you all. I hate the pain you all have but I am glad you all have God to support you.

The Jeffcoat Family