Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Thankfulness.

Things to be thankful for:
  • I found a good doctor. He asked a lot of good questions, he knows his stuff. Different practice, different hospital so I don't have to relive bad memories.
  • Drugs. I had a little in-office procedure yesterday and they gave me drugs. I slept almost straight for a whole day (minus times to eat (which I did mostly with my eyes closed) and take more pills). I don't know how people endured pain centuries ago.
  • Beef jerky. It's seriously good stuff.
  • Virginia, our personal trainer. I'm still doing boot camp. I don't enjoy it but I'm committed to it and to Heather C. It's been almost 4 weeks and I haven't lost much weight but I have gained quite a bit of muscle. I can flex my arm and somewhat feel a muscle! Hopefully all my hard work won't go down the drain as I take the next 10 days off.
  • Friends and family. I'm so thankful for each one. We finally got our thank you cards printed and sent to us and now I'm working on writing on them. Every time I get a stack done I feel such a sense of humbled thankfulness, if that makes sense.
  • Spell check. One should probably not write blogs when under the influence of pain meds.
  • Air conditioning. How can you survive in this heat and humidity without one?!
  • I'm leaving for Minnesota tomorrow! The only bad part is Greg not coming. That's going to be tough. But I'm thankful he has a job and loves me enough to let me go have fun!
-Heather

2 comments:

TheSpeights said...

I hope you have a fantastic time in Minnesota! Take lots of pictures and I can't wait to hear how it all goes. It's really good to hear you say you have lots to be thankful for. I know you are still hurting and I'm sure it's hard to see the great things in life when you hurt so much.

Be safe and have a great time!
-Court

TheSpeights said...
This comment has been removed by the author.