Friday, July 8, 2011

Anticipation.

Today it's time to be thankful.

Really it is ALL the time but sometimes you need to make a point to be intentional about it. Here's just a few things off the top of my head that we are thankfully, graciously anticipating...

  1. Birth. Benjamin Lamar Caylor is being born this afternoon. Benjamin is my friend Heather's rainbow baby boy. Most of you know Heather because I've talked about her before... told you about the loss of their twin girls Emily and Molly in January 2010... told you how we've journeyed together through loss and being pregnant again. Today is a much-anticipated birthday!
  2. Vacation. We are leaving tomorrow for some much-needed time with family...we anticipate introducing Eli to his extended family, good friends, and especially three red-headed girl cousins!
  3. Eli, Eli, Eli. Everything about having our little man here, doing well is cause for celebration. I anticipate him growing up to be a man I enjoy knowing.
  4. Cheeseburgers. I love them. And I anticipate eating some really good ones in ND.
  5. Flat land. Spending twenty-six years as a resident of North Dakota, I am ready to get back home. I'm anticipating looking out our car window, being able to see beautiful fields for miles and miles.
  6. Countdown. I anticipate Greg's first day of his last semester (I wish I would have taken a "first day of school" photo each year like my parents did growing up!). Graduation in December is going to be legendary!
  7. Memory Lane. Since I'll be helping my parents pack up the house my dad and grandpa built in '77, we'll be going through a lot of stuff. I anticipate the many stories and memories that are bound to come up.
  8. Projects. I have many photo projects and random craft projects and I anticipate the fun of working on them and getting crafty when we get back.
  9. Smiles. Our daily anticipation of talking to our boy, looking him in the eye and getting the sweetest grin back...maybe even with a giggle.
  10. Tractors. Even though we say "if you've been to one Threshing Bee, you've been to them all", I'm still anticipating being there and living a part of my heritage.
  11. Love. Every day I live on earth I knowingly and unknowingly want to be loved. I anticipate how God is going to show me I'm loved.
  12. Buffalo. We anticipate that moment this weekend when we will take our boy in our arms and walk down a lush green grass row near a wide open field to show him his big sister's grave.
I hope that you are thankful. And I really hope you have things in life to anticipate.

-Heather

No comments: