Friday, July 13, 2012

Cows.

This morning while skimming facebook, I saw a friend post a photo of her kid looking really cute as a cow, dressed up for Chick-fil-A's Cow Appreciation Day. If you go in wearing a cow costume today, you get a free meal. Now I like both Chick-fil-A and free food but I have never been motivated to actually do this.

Until today. Within minutes, I had whipped up this cow-poncho costume for Eli (cut a head/arm holes in some fabric, used fabric glue to add some white fabric (cut from a stained shirt) complete with an inside-out hat). Not fancy, but enough to get some free food. I then taped a few white spots (or whatever you call a typical cow pattern) on my black shirt and bam! We were ready for some free food and to go say hi to our friend Jonathan, the best Chick-fil-A employee ever.

I was going to let Eli eat Chick-fil-A for the first time... and you know what? The little stinker didn't even like his chicken?! There is something wrong with that. At least it was free.

My camera lens was having issues but thankfully Sarah had her phone so she snapped a few for me. Here's Eli in the only shot he actually kept the hat on.... and as you can see from the next photo, he whipped that hat off lick-idly-split.
 
For those of you not blessed with Chick-fil-A near you and are thus confused about a chicken place using a cow (as I was when I first saw their advertising), it's basically them using a cow to tell you/beg you to eat more chicken (and therefore, no beef). I don't mind that now... but I do mind that the cows supposedly can't spell.


-Heather

No comments: