Monday, July 2, 2012

Hot City.

I read something today that made me do a sort of air-intake puff half-laugh. You know the one... accompanied by a look of disbelief and maybe a little snotty attitude...

The title of the online article is The 15 Hottest American Cities of the Future. Go ahead, click here, scroll to the bottom. Yes, the last city. Number 15.

Williston, ND. Our hometown. Um, what?

I know it's booming. I know it's crazy. But is it 'hot' with the likes of Austin and Seattle? Heck no.

It is hot with oil, money and oil money. It's downright bizarre the amount of people, plus everything that goes along with a fast influx of people to an area. But I don't think I'm the only one that would say my hometown has a long way to go before ever being defined as a hot city.

I'm starting to wonder about all this journalism concerning my hometown. Uff-da.

Heather

PS - Our current city is much closer to being a hot city in my opinion. I mean we are already Famously Hot, ya'll... I guarantee most of you from down here assumed this post was about the melting hot weather of late. Gotcha!

3 comments:

Rebekah said...

I second the uff da.

Anonymous said...

I think the picture they used will deter anyone from coming to Williston, ND. :)
- Amy

Anonymous said...

I just met someone at a gas station in MO. She was heading to Williston in hopes of a job. Crazy how people are flocking there.
- chris i