Tuesday, May 12, 2015

FIL is 61.

My father-in-law is awesome. I'm so glad I married Greg and that Dale is his dad. He's a wonderful man and I know Greg is a wonderful guy due in part to Dale's example. I love that he likes routine and simple things (like the same breakfast every day), but is also ready for adventure and travel and always willing to drop anything for family. He's great at advice and he's always encouraging people. He's giving, kind, and humble, and cares about eternal things in this life he's been given. He always calls people by their name, no matter what they do. He's talented in a variety of ways, like he is the best backer-upper driver I've ever seen. Big truck, tiny space, no problem. He also gives really great hugs and I'm thrilled our kids will grow up with that love. He likes his sports, movies, and quiet but he would drop them all to make pancakes for our kids. Really good pancakes. I am always happy to see him, truly. Doesn't that say it all?

Happy Birthday Dad K! We love you!
Fun at Cherry Berry celebrating this guy tonight!
He'll hate all this attention but it had to be done at least once!

-Heather

No comments: