Monday, August 9, 2010

Maelee's Day Photos.



It's taken awhile, but I've finally got all the photos Kimberly took during Maelee's Day edited and up on Picasa. I couldn't figure out how to just have a slideshow of some of the photos... so instead you have to see all 425! Sorry! Click the photo above of my dad and I to link to the Picasa site.

The album contains photos of the burial service, her gravestone, the beautiful Buffalo, ND cemetery as well as many of our friends and family that gathered together that day (including the dear ones that set a rock in front of her gravestone to spell out Maelee Linn Kasowski). If you want to read more about Maelee's Day service, you can read the blog post about it here: http://gretherfamily.blogspot.com/2010/06/for-those-of-you-not-able-to-join-us.html.

Thanks for reading, for caring, for your continued love and prayers and support... we can't say thanks enough!

We had a pleasant evening on Friday night at Dianne's on Devine and we thoroughly enjoyed our four course meal! Thanks to all the dear ladies from the Monday/Wednesday studies... you blessed us with a wonderful evening on a very hard day. We are grateful indeed.

-Heather

3 comments:

TheSpeights said...

These photos are amazing. I had to wipe away the tears to see them. You guys are amazing and there hasn't been a day that has gone by that I haven't thought of you guys. A friend found my blog and started to read a few entries. She said reading about what suffering you guys have gone through made her hold her little ones even tighter. I told her that was exactly what you asked of us who had our children with us. She is keeping you guys in her prayers. Love you three.

Jill K said...

Oh Grether,

Thank you for sharing all these photos. Even though I poured over your write up of her day, it was so sweet to see all 425 of these to get more glimpses of that time... seeing the poeple you chose (some who I don't know, but plenty who we know well) to lay down the stones at her grave (where do you have those stones now?) and seeing all the hugs given on that day. Maybe that should make the countdown somehow- soo much love shown in response to this tragedy. It doesn't make it ok, but it is beatuiful and I think it honors the Lord, it honors Maelee, and it honors you two.... and that all makes me glad to see.

We love you precious Grether so much, and we love you precious, precious, dearly-missed Maelee. You will always be missed...

SarahJ said...

Heather-I just looked at the pictures you posted from Maelee's Day. They are beautiful. I also just read your above post and sure hope your hand is better!! Sarah Opsal Geltel.

P.S. I am getting ready to put my order in for some norwex products. I have been having a hard time chooseing!