Thursday, August 26, 2010

Our Niece.

My sister, Amber, is around 33 weeks with our niece. She was put on home/bed rest last week. Please pray for her, for the baby (still waiting on a name for this little one). If Am doesn't go into labor and there are no problems, they are going to deliver at 37 weeks. We are hoping and praying she makes it without issues until then. Amber has a high heart rate and many of the same issues I had. Thankfully, her doctor is watching her like a hawk.

It's not easy to be on bed rest and it's not easy going through losing Maelee and not worrying about the unknowns.

We just want our niece to be here, healthy and alive and loved. We want her big sister to finally get to hold her.

Sorry, Am, this is the only photo that shows your baby belly from my trip in July. Pretty adorable still!

It's a bittersweet time for us. We get to have another niece, another little one to love on and shop for and spoil. We get to reign supreme as Auntie Heather and Uncle Greg. Yet, it won't be without some hard times. Knowing my parents get to have another grandchild around but it's not Maelee is hard. Knowing that I'm not going to fly up to MN to see her right away saddeneds me. I'll have to explain to her later in life "the reason we didn't go see you right when you were born was because we were still too sad over losing Maelee." It just sucks that our grief is clouding our niece's arrival.

Christmas isn't going to be easy. I bought entirely way too many "baby's first christmas" outfits for Maelee and her cousin... pretty sure they would have had a new outfit for everyday in December! We were going to have the most adorable family Christmas photos. And even as our niece experiences milestones in the years to come, there will probably always be a ache in my heart for Maelee to be going through those too. Joy yet sorrow.

Pray for us, too, through this. That the Lord would give us peace, understanding, hope. That we will know Maelee will never be forgotten no matter who comes along. That jealousy won't rear it's ugly head. That the joy will far outweigh our grief. That, mostly, our newest niece would know she is loved by us, that she is special, that she is a gift.

-Heather

PS - Happy 3rd Birthday Dearest Marian! We love you, our favorite overseas niece!

9 comments:

TheSpeights said...

I can only try to imagine how hard this must be for you guys. Do what makes you comfortable at this point. You are still in the middle of grieving. Everyone does and will understand... as will the newest addition to the family one day. I'm sending up lots of prayers for you both. You guys are amazing people and I'm sure an AWESOME Aunt and Uncle. That little girl is lucky to have you. Just be honest with your feelings and pray.

Love you three,
Court

Anonymous said...

I am thankful that we do not walk alone in this life....God will give you the strength to endure what you must and be the sister and aunt that you need to be. You are human and have suffered a loss greater than anyone should have to bear, so you need to know the feelings you have are valid. Many are praying for all of you, though, and God's love and grace abounds towards you and Greg! We love you guys and Maelee and all of the children in our family and those yet to be born! Aunt Ruth

Anonymous said...

The pic is no good... I love you and I understand... and so does baby Lippert - Amber

Anonymous said...

My heart is so heavy for you, thank you for sharing so openly about your grief. You were especially in my prayers today and now I am so glad that you have given specifics to pray...it is hard to know how to pray except for healing and comfort for both you and Greg. It was so hard to leave, we were supposed to be sad to leave little Maelee after spending time with all of you. To leave an empty crib and nursery is beyond bearing so I can only imagine you having to see it everyday. We love and miss you and continue to pray for you many times during the day. We are so thankful you are continuing to trust in Him.

Mom (and Dad) K

Lauren said...

Always remembering Maelee. Still praying for you and Greg... and now praying hard for your sister. Keep us updated!
Lauren and Josh

Heather said...

H2-

Just like you have patiently listened to my heart the past few months as I counted down the day to my niece's arrival, I am here for you too!

God gave us peace, comfort, love and joy for the moment we needed it and in our meeting of our niece, "joy came alone". I continue to pray that He will do the same and above for you and Greg.

You are an amazing Auntie (I'm learning from you) and your nieces are so blessed to have an Auntie who loves them like you do!

Praying for your sister and your niece:)

Love ya!
H

Rebekah said...

Heather - you've been on my heart all day. Thanks for posting this... now I know better how to pray. You and Greg are never far from our thoughts. Thanks for allowing us to lift you up in prayer and miss Maelee with you. Love, Rebekah

Ausmerican Housewife - Creating with Kara Davies said...

My sister in law is due on the 14th of September with my little niece (as yet unnamed to us(. Evan was supposed to grow up with her being just across town. My sis and I were supposed to compare notes about baby things, milestones, etc. Her baby shower is on the 29th (this Sunday) and yes I'm going to it.

I had bought a pack of newborn diapers for Evan to use and then he never got to use them. So I'm giving them to my niece "from her cousin Evan" along with an adorable play teaset (for later), a cute pink onesie and a pile of pink frilly over the top cute hairbands. :p

Jill K said...

Ohhh, we are praying. So glad you have such friends as you do- so glad that "joy came alone" for Heather above and we are praying the same for you guys. Oh we love you. Praying for joy not only for a new niece but also for a son or daughter, in His time. We are trusting... loving you so.