Sunday, August 29, 2010

Happy Birthday Dad Tysse.

My dad, little Lloydie, and Aunt Ilene... looks like they are up to no good.

My dad is full-blooded Norwegian. My Grandpa John Tysse grew up in Norway (sailed with the Norwegian navy when he was 14 and ended up homesteading in ND). All his family was still there so I believe this photo was taken on a trip they took to visit.

I have a great daddy. He's loved me like crazy since I was born. I find it easy sometimes to learn certain characteristics about my heavenly father because my earthly father is so amazing.

Apparently building this snowman caused our hearts to swell with feelings of victory! One of my favorite things about my dad is his sense of humor... I think I got mine from him. Notice the curling broom used for one of the snowman's arms - nice!

Dad served in the army stationed in Germany. He worked hard, still does in fact, and we would always celebrate him on Veteran's Day... the one day he got to sleep in and get breakfast in bed! What a beard, eh?

"We are the three amigos! Harry, Sven, and Svegos. We always wash between our big toes." I think that's how it went, right? In the background is the playhouse my dad built us, a replica of our big house... he's pretty handy like that.

Thanks for being there for me. You are lookin' good for 67, Dad.
I love you.

-Heather

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Always making your older sister look bad. All he got from me was a phone call! These pics make me laugh - he is a great dad and I have washed between my big toes! Amber

Heather said...

What a sweet post! Please tell your Dad Happy Birthday from me:)

TheSpeights said...

I love this post! Happy Birthday to your Daddy!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to your dad from the other Grandpa and Grandma. We love him too. Lilli said it best "Grandpa Lloyd is so funny!".

Blessings on his birthday!! D&M

Anonymous said...

This is an amazing tribute to your dad...gave me the warm fuzzies!

Anonymous said...

This was from Aunt Ruthie!