Tuesday, August 31, 2010

30 Years Ago...

Happy 30th Birthday to another wonderful man in my life... my hubby of 5+ years, the one and only Mr. Gregory Joseph Kasowski.
I have this photo on my night stand. A.D.O.R.A.B.L.E.
Always a Bears fan! Go Bears! Doesn't he look like the sweetest little boy ever?
With the late Charles Christian "Chris" Welle, Greg's Grandpa. I didn't get to meet him but I know that Grandpa Welle was one of the first to meet Maelee in heaven and I'm sure they spend much time together there.
Mr. Senior 1999. Greg is good at most all sports (sometimes I find that annoying) and he is definitely a rock star on the basketball court. Greg started dating Heather in college (when Grether first began). Much time was spent doing this (Greg learning guitar, Heather watching, somewhat amused... somewhat bored... wondering when the heck we would just get married). Greg in Thailand in 2003... pivotal point in his life.
Greg, Jaysen and Bill. Greg has great friends. Greg also spent a lot of time with his band, Crimson. I posted a video about Crimson on my facebook so check that if you are able!
Marital bliss! 2005 was a good year for Greg (okay, definitely for me too). We had some great memories starting out in Grand Forks, ND.
Early years of marriage were surprisingly easy (we kept hearing it was going to be soo hard). One perk of marrying Greg is getting all his family, too! We had lots of fun going to family outings like this one at the Bemidji cabin... we love all our Kasowski/Welle gatherings.
To my wonderful, sweet, hilarious husband. I count you my greatest blessing from God. I love you! -Heather

5 comments:

TheSpeights said...

You'll have to ask Greg about the singing and the CD we gave him today for his birthday. I'm sure he's glad to leave here for the day! Ha! He was, of course, a good sport. I love the photo of Greg playing guitar and you looking somewhat bored. I laughed out loud at that one! Thanks for posting this! You are a fantastic wife! At least you have a long weekend coming up to celebrate.

Anonymous said...

And again, what a beautiful tribute to Greg! He is quite a catch{blessing!} My little boy is 18 today! Can you believe that? He has grown into a wonderful young man that loves the Lord and wants to serve Him! No greater joy:) Enjoy your day! Love Aunt Ruth

Anonymous said...

He not only looks sweet he was the sweetest boy in the world... (except when it came to potty training...he was so stubborn!). Still has a bit of that when he gets his mind set on a thing. Thankfully, Greg has set his mind on the Lord and on seeking Him and His will. We are so blessed by him also and doubly blessed he chose Heather. Plus...we get Heather's family too! blessings all around. "From the fullness of His grace we have all received one blessing after another" John 1:16

Anonymous said...

This was from Mom K

Lauren said...

LOVE the baby/little boy pictures! Josh is turning 30 in October. Perhaps I should post some of his baby pics on Facebook...
Lauren