Monday, November 29, 2010

Black Friday.

I forgot to post about this when writing my Thanksgiving post. Greg got sick a week ago with a nasty sinus infection/cold and who knows what else. He doesn't get sick too often and it's hard to get him to take medicine. I usually end up forcing it down his throat. So when he asks for medicine, I know it must be bad. It got so bad that on Thursday he couldn't eat the Thanksgiving meal without chewing with his mouth open because he couldn't breathe otherwise. It made for some funny and slightly gross moments. That night he slept for just a few hours and spent two just laying there wishing he could breathe. Finally he got so fed up with it that he decided he was going to go out and buy some pseudoephedrine (the stuff they make meth out of that is often the ONLY thing that works to clear a stuffed nose). Now I have seen Greg sick but I have never seen him get up in the middle of the night to go get medicine. I knew it was bad. Which is why this is so ironically sad. The one day a year that you cannot go to Wal-Mart at 4am to buy medicine is Black Friday. And what day does Greg go? Yep, that's right. He pulled up to a completely full parking lot and decided it wasn't worth it. Thankfully his nose cleared up during the drive so he was able to come home and sleep for a few hours without the meds. We did go get him some pseudoephedrine later on that day, however. Poor guy! And we didn't even get a TV out of his 4am Wal-Mart trip! The moral of the story: make sure your medicine cabinet is well stocked ahead of the holidays. -Heather

1 comment:

Autumn said...

You should try the CVS brand ultra fine mist 12 hour nasal spray. It's the knock off of the Vicks spray, much cheaper. It is worth it even if you only use it once. I was skeptical and Babe made me use it one night, he was tired of me flipping and flopping in the bed. We both slept great afterwards!