Saturday, November 6, 2010

Maelee has a sibling...

We are happy to announce that Maelee has a sibling alive and growing in my belly. This is very good news. We were and still are shocked as we process grief and joy simultaneously. We know this baby is NOT a replacement for Maelee. Maelee can never be replaced. We also know this baby does not “fix” us or make us all better. We are still deeply grieving the loss of our daughter. It does help ... knowing we may get to be parents on earth gives us great hope. 

What we are praying: Lord, please let us meet this baby before Maelee meets him or her. Maelee already has a sibling in heaven to play with and we are really hoping we’ll get to meet this little one, raise him/her and have him/her meet us all in heaven a long time from now. Lord, we want to bring this healthy baby home. We don’t want to lose another baby. There is a lot of worry in our heads and hearts. I wonder frequently the biggest question of all: “Will it happen again?” Thankfully we have a new doctor, new practice, new hospital and come next spring, I will be watched very closely. I give myself a shot every day and take two pills hoping these precautions will help baby. But in the end, we are not in control. 

You can echo our prayers above. Pray things would go smoothly. Pray that we would trust God in all this. Pray for my health, that I wouldn’t experience bad migraines or headaches. With just Tylenol as pain meds, bad ones have lasted for days. Thank you for sharing in our grief these past seven months and in the months to come. And now, thank you for sharing in our joy! -Heather

16 comments:

TheSpeights said...

WOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I'm so glad to see this on here! I've been praying so hard for you guys since Maelee passed and again when you told me about Baby Kasowski growing! I can't even begin to try to understand your roller-coaster of emotions between grief, elation and worry. You have an army of people praying for you guys and now for your newest addition. So... does this mean I talk about it at work now and not have to write conversations to Greg on sticky notes? hee hee hee! CONGRATS again. I love you FOUR! Prayers are going up constantly!

-Court

Anonymous said...

Super exciting!! We will be praying right along with you! Thanks got keeping us posted. But when are you due?
- Chris

Tengesdal 4 said...

We are so happy for you and will continue to pray for you and to share in your prayers! :)

AshleyM said...

yay!! we'll definitely be praying for good health and for you guys with the tough mix of emotions, too... so excited for you! woohoo!!
love
ashley

justin says..."yaaaay!"

Tara Simmons said...

You all are in our thoughts and prayers!! I think of you often

Tara Simmons

Let Love Grow said...

:-) I am thrilled, scared and trembling with joy with you.... praying already!

Ashley said...

Oh Heather, congratulations! I cannot begin to understand the complexities of emotions you all must be feeling but Jim and I are earnestly praying for you all. I so hope for you to have a sweet babe hear on earth with you. After learning of your loss with Maelee I felt troubled and perplexed over God's ways. I ended up reading a book called "Sacred Parenting" by Gary Thomas - about God's call on parents to gain holiness, not happiness, through childrearing and thought of you much of the time I was reading it. Maybe at some point it would help in the many lows and highs of parenthood you are going through to know God's ultimate purpose to perfect us into His likeness. Again, congratulations and we celebrate with you in this new life! God bless and love to you all! ~ Ashley

Anonymous said...

we are rejoicing from North Carolina! We miss y'all and love y'all -

the Maynards :-)

Erin said...

Yay Yay Yay!!!! This is wonderful news! We'll be praying :)
Jon and Erin Dodson

Jill K said...

Rejoicing that the news is public and knowing that prayers are picking up pace from all around the globe...

There just aren't words adequate....

We love you, LOVE this new little one, LOVE and MISS Maelee, Love you all and are excited, trusting, praying for you all now for peace and protection.

Anonymous said...

Wow! I am so excited. I just got a chance to open this blog. I wish I would have open it early. Love you all and praying for you.
Tisha

Dori said...

Most definitely joining you in prays of rejoicing and health for you and Maelee's brother or sister! Keep us posted as we play our part in the ups and downs of your grief and joy. Love you!
Dori

Doug said...

You were both meant to be parents. Things will unfold as they should. Keep the Faith. God Bless.

Anonymous said...

This is the greatest news I have heard in a long time! We are so happy and excited for you! Can't wait to meet Baby Kasowski!

Love,
Emmy and Kelly

Nicole said...

Heather!
I miss your wit & wonderful baking skills;) Your blog is amazing & honest & I really do laugh & cry intermittently as I read it! Praying for you, Greg and your little one.
Nicole

Anonymous said...

We are so excited for you! Congratulations and I look forward to hearing if it's a boy or girl!
Teresa