Saturday, November 20, 2010

Brown and Pink Apron = Pure Lovely.

Aprons remind me of Maelee... for many reasons. I have dreams of her and I in the kitchen with cute matching aprons. I told my mothers this and well, they love me a lot. I got an adorable black and white apron from my mother-in-law and my mom has given me three! So now I have a collection! But the best apron of all is this one that I got from my Aunt Ruth. It's pink and brown! And it has Maelee's monogram on it! She had it made for me by a friend (with an etsy store! genevadesigns.etsy.com) . Thanks for this lovely, sweet, meaningful gift, Aunt Ruthie! I love it!
(I have the "are you taking the photo?" look. Oh well).
I highly suggest taking a browse on etsy if you are needing good ideas for Christmas gifts. There are a ton of people making some amazing things out there and selling them on their individual etsy sites. I think I love it so much because I secretly (well, I suppose not-so-secretly) desire to be like many of these folks and create beautiful, artsy-fartsy items and sell them! It makes my creative juices soar! And I love to support home businesses. So far I bought Ava's gifts and some maelee jewelry on etsy. Love! Where else can you buy a cutting board in the shape of your state? Or a play BLT made out of felt? I just read my paragraph here and decided I better write that no one is paying me to promote etsy, it's just my latest craze!
-Heather

4 comments:

Nikole said...

Did you just use "artsy-fartsy"?

Jill K said...

the apron is beautiful and so are you dear- even with that look on your face!

Heather, we'd love to see you with an etsy store of some wonderful kind.... your creative mind can come up with something worlds better than cutting boards in the shape of a state. Go for it Heather!

We love you-

Anonymous said...

Pink AND monogrammed? I'm so proud of you! :)

Unknown said...

Dearest Heather - I was so honored to work with your Aunt Ruthie to design and sew this apron for you. It's wonderful to see you wearing it with your sweet baby filling it out :-)
Ruth and I grew up as next door neighbors. I was probably bossy, but she was always sweet :-). Your Grandma Doris is so kind and was one of the first people to help me choose fabric as I learned to sew, another wonderful woman in your heritage.
Thanks for the little plug for my Etsy shop, too :-)
Prayers and best wishes to you ~ Mary Kay