Monday, January 24, 2011

Bears Fans.

It was a sad day for us Bears fans yesterday. But we took these photos beforehand, so we were still happy. And yes, we are drinking water in our Bears mugs.


Boo Packers!

This shot is for Auntie Amy who wanted a belly shot. Baby boy has definitely grown and grown and therefore, made my belly grow and grow. The maternity pants are now out in full force.

And here's to the anticipation that next year our little guy will be sportin' some serious Bears gear throughout the whole season... all the way to the Superbowl!

I should probably mention here that growing up I did not care one iota about football (or most sports). My sister will contest to that. I recall Sunday afternoons being excellent nap times and to this day, the sound of the MN Vikings announcers sort of makes me sleepy. However, I married into a Bears family and have gotten on board wholeheartedly. Greg has been good to teach me, answer questions, and I can now say with confidence that I know what a safety is.

And now that I will hopefully be raising a boy, this is all going to come in handy. Especially if he's built like Brian Urlacher and decides to play football.

-Heather

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Heather! I hadn't read your blog since the 10th so I had some catching up to do! As for the football story, I can mostly relate to the sound of the announcer making me sleepy! To me, it is good naptime, but glad the Kasowski's have made you a fan! Enjoy the Super Bowl! I am so grateful God has put people in your life to share your burdens and heartaches and joys! I will remember your friend Heather and her baby boy in my prayers, too! I know you are anxious for your mom and dad to come soon. I was glad Sherry could be here to spend time with Grandpa...he enjoyed it so much! And he seems to be doing better now. Your house is so adorable and Gramps in the driveway was cute:) We pray for you always and can hardly wait to meet the newest member of the family. Maelee will always be near to our hearts and look forward to that glorious day we can all be together! My pastor and his wife went to see Grandpa in the hospital and they assured me, Grandpa knows where his salvation comes from...none other than the blood of Jesus! Nice to have that knowledge! Have a blessed week....love to you all! Aunt Ruth

Anonymous said...

You two are so darn cute, bless your hearts! Looking good, Momma!

TheSpeights said...

You look FANTASTIC!!!

Anonymous said...

I hate the Packers... and I don't use that word lightly. And Jeff still laughs when you say you are a big Bears fan... I guess you still have to prove yourself in his eyes (not sure how you do that - watch when they are 0-16?) You look cute - baby K is really growing! Am

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the adorable belly shot. You brightened Auntie Amy's day! Is it possible for neither team to win the SuperBowl? This year may be the year for it. Just a thought. Love you both!
Maelee and Baby Boy K's Auntie Amy

Anonymous said...

Grandma K here...I can hardly wait to see that baby boy in a Bears outfit! I found 2 precious photos in the unpacking of the new house...both of Maelee's Daddy (1 when he was 3 days old and we just brought him home from the hospital...I have it on our fridge and am reminded everyday to pray for baby boy Grether and K4. The other is my favorite shot of him in his Bears shirt when he was probably 5 years old. He was actually trying to look tough but he was such a sweet boy it comes across as adorable. He was one cute kid (I know as his Mom I am a bit partial) and I do know he has grown into a wonderful man. I am so proud of him!

Anonymous said...

The Tysse side will be taking baby K, putting him in Vikings items, and taking lots of pics - just so you know! (and Maelee is wearing purple in my mind right now!)