Thursday, January 20, 2011

Kentucky.

Emily and Molly's momma (see below) and I spent some time together today. I forgot to take a photo of us like I had planned. We both wore vests today that would have made the photo even cuter. Oh well. We shared a chocolate brownie sundae in honor of Emily and Molly's birthday. It was quite fitting because I'm pretty sure that Maelee got to go to their heavenly party, and today on earth baby boy and I were able to enjoy the some chocolatey goodness in celebration of the girls. What I didn't tell you before is that Heather is also pregnant with her rainbow baby. She's due in July ... she's around 10 weeks behind me on this baby-after-a-loss-journey. It is a completely unique and hard-to-understand road that we are traveling every day. We are both thankful for each other, to lean on as we venture through this. And you can add that sweet baby to your prayers when praying for our boy. Oh how wonderful it would be if we get to raise our kids together! And here is the random story that I thought I'd share with you: After Maelee died, people sent flowers. Really beautiful ones. And thankfully someone else was around to take care of them and make them last and rearrange them (moms are good at that). But the funniest (well, funny now) flowers were the ones that were sent to us in Kentucky. We got a phone call from a florist in Columbia, Kentucky asking us for our address. Um, well, we live in Columbia, South Carolina. Well they don't deliver here (shocking!) so we didn't ever get the flowers. And they wouldn't tell us who paid for them or sent them. Privacy or something like that. So to whoever sent us flowers in Kentucky, thank you. I'm sorry you never got an official thank you in the mail ... but we don't know who you are. I'm sure it was the most beautiful, largest, most expensive flower arrangement known to man kind. And I'm sure this not-helpful, lame, and slightly backwards flower shop in Kentucky enjoyed it for us. Oh, and for all you Northerners, the sun in Columbia is shining again and I drove around with my windows down all day. Would you like to come visit? -Heather

2 comments:

TheSpeights said...

I am so excited Heather is pregnant!! What a blessing! God has truly given you a great friend through all of this heartache. I'm praying hard for both Heathers!

Anonymous said...

I would LOVE to come visit! I owe you a very long, very newsy, very overdue email. :) I remember the Kentucky episode. In our horrible time of grieving, it was a much-needed hilarious moment. Can't wait to see you in a few months. Can we get a picture of your baby bump? Pretty puhlease? :) Love you, sis!

Love,
Maelee's Auntie Amy