Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Imitation.

Our friends had just left and I was stealing away some time checking e-mail last night. Daddy was in charge of the bath as usual in our nighttime routine. I was focused on e-mails and to-dos and ignored the sounds coming from the bedroom, assuming Greg was doing the normal singing or rapping or making up stories to entertain and calm our overly tired and hungry boy. I finally got out of my computer screen haze to listen enough to hear it.

Giggles.

Yes, all out giggles and yelps of joy. I had heard them a time or two before but nothing to this fill-the-house extent. I sat there smiling and taking it in, my boys having fun together.

I wanted this etched in my heart and my memory. I grabbed the point-n-shoot that takes video then rushed to the hallway, hoping I hadn't missed it. I got the tail-end of this time, of the dad imitating his boy's flailing arms and legs, of the boy responding in laughter as he chews on his fingers.

(Apologies for the lack of video quality and random bursts of wacky color. Our camera is on it's last leg.)


-Heather

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh my gosh! That is adorable! I am so glad you caught it on video.

AshleyM said...

This totally made my night!!!! I'm going to show Justin...maybe he'll want to have a baby;)

Dori said...

Awesome! I love how it makes them both crack up!

Ausmerican Housewife - Creating with Kara Davies said...

*tears of laughter streaming down my face*

Anonymous said...

The happiest sound in the world! Brings joy to my heart...Grandma K