Wednesday, September 14, 2011

In Your Face.

It all started out when I was feeling the need to take some photos of Eli because it had been *gasp* days (ie way too long) since he'd seen the lens of my Nikon.

I took a few cute ones in his "baby brother" onesie, a shout out to his sister. (Thanks Auntie Amy!)


But, in recent typical Eli fashion, he started to spit up. Lovely little spit-up drool combo here:


eeewww!

Then a few hours and a wardrobe change later, I started to take more cute photos documenting Eli's ability to hold his head up like this:


He got a bit crabby (he's not a fan of tummy time) so we were playing. I held him up, flying high above my head. I heard it. Then saw it just a little too late...


Eli puked on me. Like IN MY EYE puke. And hair. And down my shirt and pants. This is disgusting, I thought. But since my Nikon happened to be right there, I figured I'd document this for you all to have a good laugh at my expense today.

I'll pause for you to chuckle here. Maybe even click the picture so you can really examine the nastiness that was my face. It's my kid, so I'm okay with this.

Eli has been a pretty consistent at spitting up and requiring multiple changes throughout the day. Sometimes I feel like it hurts him (when there is hiccups and burping and weird noises coming from his belly) though overall he can be happy as a clam and be puking. And we know he's gaining weight (did you see those rolls?) so it's really not an issue in that sense.

If any of you out there have had a puker, a spiter-upper and have any magical tricks, do let me know. And now I'm off to hunt for a mountain of cute, large, inexpensive, absorbent bibs for my child to wear for the next year.

-Heather

UPDATE: I just posted this, picked up Eli who was waiting patiently on the floor for some attention, and he proceeded to let out a burp that rivals mine (a pretty big feat, I'm a good burper) and spit up a ton. But this time I was ready. With my hand. Ah motherhood, this is not dull! 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is FUNNY!

Kim Schell said...

I love how you left the puke on your face long enough to take a picture. You're a trooper!

Ashley said...

oh Heather, that was so funny! Jim and I had a good laugh at you! :) Love the "little bro" shirt too - what a sweet idea!

Anonymous said...

Oh Heather - that is too funny! My Levi spit up all the time, and thankfully he never got me in the face! We used to use towels for burp clothes (for larger coverage area) and kept bibs on him all the time to cut down on clothes changes. Like Eli, Levi was a big boy, so our Dr was never worried that he wasn't keeping enough milk down. Gabe doesn't spit up as much as Levi did, but recently he spit up on Caleb's face which led Caleb to gag and almost throw up ;) Life with my boys is never boring!
Lisa W

Anonymous said...

So funny! and must admit that I glad the spit up in the face didn't happen to me :) Jadon did a little spitting up, not like Eli, but we took him to the chiropractor, it did wonders. I know it may sound strange, but it really helps. It has also kept ear infections away for our kids. Greg was prone to them and had tubes in his ears when he was little, our kids have had very little problems with ear infections.
- I love reading your posts and seeing how much that little boy has grown!
-Chris I