Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Where Are They?

Eli: "Um, Mom, where all the people?"

Me: "What people?"

Eli: "You know, the people that would wave back at me, smile at me, hold me all the time, and have fun with me... where are those people?!"

Me: "We are back home now, Eli. It's just you and me during the day."

Eli: "Nooooooo!" Whine. Pout. Scream. "I want my always-captive audience back!"

This is the conversation Eli and I will be having most of the day. We made it back to Columbia yesterday. Our luggage didn't make it, but it was sitting on our porch this morning so no major hassle. When we stepped out of the elevator in Charlotte, Greg was right there waiting. Eli had a "um, you left me" sort of look for the first minute, then he was all smiles and giggles for his Daddy. Eight days without Greg makes for one happy reunion!

Now onto the unpacking and getting to the things I've neglected for 16 days. I have only checked my email a handful of times, facebook twice, haven't read any blogs or pinned a thing. I'm feeling a bit out of the loop... but honestly, my life was very full without much computer time these last weeks. It's more fun connecting with people in person than over a screen, eh? 

I'll post photos of those people as I get to it this week. Now I must go start laundry and continue to wipe the snot running from my kid's nose. My guess is the dry air made Eli stuffed up for a few weeks and when we hit the humidity yesterday, it all loosened up and is coming out. Good theory, eh? I bet that's more info than you wanted to know about snot today.

Off to unpack and work on my southern accent again!

-Heather

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is waaaaaay to quiet in our Bismarck home. Oh how I miss those squeals of delight, his splashing in the tub and even his middle of the night cries (it helps that I know he is well taken care of and I can go right back to sleep). It's just not the same around here since y'all left. Missing you so much already...

Grandma

Anonymous said...

Oooops! I am sure when Greg reads this he will notice I spelled "too" wrong. Yes, I do know this form of "too" is spelled "too" and not "to" or "two". :)

Greg's Mama