Monday, May 28, 2012

More.

If I were more like my mother, I would have a pretty sparkly clean house most all the time. Instead we have bursts of sparkle here and there.

If I were more like my mother, I would be able to make a dessert that would cause you to swoon. And know how to cook crab. And be able to make everything I touch taste better. Instead, I call her usually once a week with a food-related question and I cross my fingers whatever I'm making turns out.

If I were more like my mother, this blog could be like Martha Stewart's blog, or maybe like the oodles of awesome blogs out there with pin-worthy posts, it would have some seriously crafty/creative crap.

If I were more like my mother, I would have sewed this lovely crib rail guard featured on this blog (found via Pinterest). Why? Because Eli is a biter. And he has learned to stand up in his crib. And the result is this loveliness I found one morning last week:


Ouch! Our lovely crib is now forever marked with indents of Eli's teeth. The little stinker. Too bad I didn't realize they had crib rail guards out there. Who knew! You want to make one, Mom? I sure don't!

Mom, thanks for all that you are and for selflessly sharing with us your talents through the years. I love that I can see your hand all over my life and I'm glad for the Sherry-isms I have picked up. Your daughters may not have mastered all those life skills but we still turned out pretty good. And I can make a darn good frosting.



Happy Birthday Grammy! We love you!

I look forward to years ahead learning from you, Mom!

-Heather


1 comment:

Nikole said...

That brownie trifle thing you made was delish. I made it for my family and they wanted the recipe.