Thursday, May 31, 2012

Slim.

Eli has really slimmed down lately.
It probably doesn't look like it here (oh my aren't those rolls cute?!), but he has really plateaued the last month... which correlates with him moving more than ever before. Today I put on a pair of shorts that were quite snug a month ago and today he could have used a belt!

I was so used to Eli flying through sizes, I assumed he'd be all into 24 months clothes by the end of the summer. Now I think he'll be in mostly 18 months for a long while. Of course he has sizes 24 months and 12 months that fit him now, go figure. Sizes are relative. My sister got Eli a pair of footed pajamas size 24 months (due to my request for that size) and I'm certain he will fit in them next year. Yowza!

I was going through Eli's bins and bins of 0-6 month size clothes last night and it was hard to believe he fit in and wore most of it (at least once). I am now more motivated to buy size 18 months+ for people having babies because I know the kid will end up wearing it more frequently. But it's so hard to not want to buy those itty-bitty adorable little outfits. The clothes are that much cuter when they are so tiny!

Eli and I are heading to the pediatrician tomorrow afternoon to check out his leg. We think he is double-jointed in his left knee... or something. Whatever it is, his knee sort of pops in and out, his whole leg shifts. It's weird and doesn't seem quite normal (though Eli doesn't seem to be bothered by it). I am resisting the urge to google all about popping knees and shifting legs... I don't need to freak out unnecessarily. I did read that double-jointedness can delay crawling and walking, so hey, great excuse for slow development! I'm willing to spend a $20 co-pay to go get it checked out... we shall see.

And that is the story from our neck of the woods this week,

-Heather

UPDATE: Eli has to see a pediatric orthopedic doctor. It doesn't seem to be a huge deal, but our doctor thinks this is the best route to go. The saga continues! Also, Eli lost two pounds since his appointment five weeks ago. He really is Mr. Slim! Obviously, his knee/leg issue isn't preventing him from being active and moving around and around and around... speaking of, I must go fetch him from under the table.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes those rolls are absolutely adorable! How I wish I could just snuggle all that cuteness. We miss and love you so much!

Grandma K