Sunday, February 24, 2013

Complete Set.

I was reminded yet again of how I like order and completeness. And since I know I am not alone in this, I figured I would share this something that proved my personality trait.

Awhile ago over a span of a few months, Eli got three kids meals at ChickfilA. Inside were Paddington Bear board books (side note: I love that that have a special toy for kids under three and it's usually a book!). They are tiny little books and nothing spectacular...except maybe the fact they teach Eli some British culture.

Eli has recently become interested in them because they are so tiny. He can carry all three together with no problems. He likes us to read to him but I have caught him "reading" them to himself too. And tossing them around and stacking them. 

All fine and dandy. But yesterday I happened to notice that they had little numbers on the top, meaning they are part of a set or series. I had known by looking at the backs of the books that there were other Paddington books...but this is the first time I saw those little numbers. And inside me came this urge to complete the set, to fix the numerical imbalance that has occurred.


I restrained from heading out for waffle fries at that moment. Besides its been so long I'm not even sure this is still the current toy. And I thought I could find them online...but my practical side won out as it is plain ridiculous to spend money on tiny free books.

So I'm letting it be. Letting myself be okay with something not whole. Letting this 2,3,5 slide. Just this once.

That's a big step for me, eh?

-Heather

No comments: