Friday, February 1, 2013

Little Bro and Me.

I love free Shutterfly books. They come around once in awhile through various things. I get the same size hardcover books and it is a way that I recorded our lives... all nice and lined up on a bookshelf years from now. I am finding this a good system for me, better than making prints (see glossy conundrum) and doing albums that way. And much better than scrapbooking for me. They have templates plus I can do custom-design mode which is fun for my graphics-wannabee background. All tidy in a little 8x8 book.

My friend Megan gave me a code she had for a free book expiring yesterday. I had started this book last year. But it was hard to work on and I just let it be. But since I didn't want to start doing my Christmas book yet (too many photos, too daunting), I decided to finish it.

The title? A Sister in Heaven. A book for Eli about Maelee.

You see, Eli has always been a book fan. But besides photo books, only recently has he shown interest in any longer books. The one that he found and loves? A book called "There is a Party in Heaven" that is a kids book about heaven. (Sidenote: it's good, see here, but know that they use bubbly Kristen and Curlz fonts, a graphics no-no!). We were given this from some friends who grieve their daughter and whose brothers read it. And so I knew it was time for him to have his own book about Maelee.

So just like two years ago when I was working hard to finish Maelee's Album, I have been tenderly doing this book. Hard to do. Good. Hard. Missing my girl and all that means. I'm more closely connected with this all when I'm designing a book about her.

Once I get it in the mail and approve of the hard copy, perhaps I'll share. I think Eli is going to really like it. It is special. And I hope it can inspire other baby loss moms to do one for their other kiddos.

Since she was so very on my mind, I decided Eli and I needed a special date this week. I think you know where...

Picking up each sprinkle.

Oh yes, he enjoyed it. Don't worry, I didn't let him eat much frosting.

Miss you baby girl.

-Mama

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a really, really good mom. A

Anonymous said...

We will have cupcakes at the Olive Mill in March in honor of Maelee. So awesome...had a bit of one at Burnetta's yesterday. You are a great mom!