Sunday, February 17, 2013

Sweet Gift.

I was given a sweet gift on Friday. Eli said Maelee's name for the first time. He wanted to read her book so I asked him to say Maelee. He did over and over, around twenty times. It was so precious. I wish I could bottle that moment. It sounded sort of like Maenee, but he was so sincere.

And this morning? He brought me one of her books, looked up and said Maenee again. Sigh. Can't resist that.

I really am glad for the book I made for him about his sister. It turned out well. I'll share the link to it soon.

And I'm so happy that we haven't forgot her as we raise Eli and that he is already realizing her part in our family. Gift.



2 comments:

Katie said...

aw, so precious. i can't wait to see the rest of the book! the cover looks amazing. been thinking it would be good to make griffin, his little sister, and any future siblings a book about their brothers in heaven as well.

Anonymous said...

I have been thinking a lot of Maelee today as Mom's birthday is tomorrow. I have looked back on the videos of her services and Alex singing "Good-bye" brought back so many memories of sweet Maelee Linn, Grandpa and Grandma. What a gift that Eli is saying his sister's name...precious. I am anxious to see her book. I miss her, too! Love you all, Ruth