Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Thanks AC.

Let the planning begin!

That's right. I decided on a theme for Eli's birthday party. Now please recall with me how I promised Greg I would never go overboard again on birthday parties for our little man. But well gee... I LOVE to plan parties! And so it begins.

Let's hope it won't be as extreme or detailed... but you just never know what I'll come up with. I decided this theme a few days ago but I should have done it weeks ago if I was smart. Why? Because a craft store in town went out of business and they had everything 50% off. Then 75%. Then 90%. And I went. Often. If I would have known it would have kept going up in discount, I probably would could have resisted at first. It officially closed Monday and I was quite sad I didn't go for the fit-all-you-can-in-one-bag-for-$3 day.

Oh but it was still loads of fun getting items for pennies (yes!) and finding stocking gifts and other treasures.  I learned that one of my weaknesses is definitely paper or cards. Paper makes me happy. But really most sections of a craft store will cause me to swoon (except sewing and yarn and other such really-need-talent areas).

Here's Eli enjoying a few buttons from one of the shopping trips. Yes, this is just plunder from one trip. See that bucket? It didn't have a tag so the dude just gave it to me for free. 


This is why I really need want a craft room!

Hopefully much of it will come in handy for Eli's party and  for gifts and pinned projects.

And if you need any cardstock, I'm your gal. Come on over and discover the stash hidden under the spare room bed!

-Heather

No comments: