Friday, March 22, 2013

Instantly.

A mama friend of mine that lives in Australia was out shopping and found something that made her think of us. It was in this upmarket bag shop there. A little wallet. And when she looked at the tag she saw "Kate Hill Maelee." She took a photo to send to me (so sweet) and then found the shop online for me. There the name of this wallet is the "Maelee Zip Around Wallet" and I very much think I should have it!

The description of it ends with "you'll fall in love with Maelee instantly" and you know, this is such a true statement. I did. Though my little daughter is way more valuable and loveable than a chic wallet. And I say "is" instead of "was" because she, her memory, truly is still valuable to me today.

Almost three years it's been. In some ways that time seems like a lifetime ago, in others it seems so very close. I would love to have our daughter here with us, oh yes, more than most anything. I also wouldn't give up all that I have lived, learned, loved these past three years because of her. Yes all of that has been a gift we have been given. A hard, aching, confusing, tearful gift.

So we again enter into this Maelee season. Yes, that sounds about right. Easter time, then that first week in April, ending with her third birthday in heaven. Oh Lord sustain us in our three-year-old grief.

-Heather

Thanks, Kara, for showing me this Maelee Wallet and for remembering and missing her along with your two darlings. Someday in heaven we will celebrate together with our kids. 

2 comments:

Ausmerican Housewife - Creating with Kara Davies said...

;) I was SO tempted to throw my very little budget to the wind and buy it for you! Perhaps you'll find one in your mailbox for your birthday?

Anonymous said...

Well if they shipped in the US it would be yours...