Friday, May 10, 2013

Hoop Love.

Most mornings Eli wakes up and shortly thereafter utters "breh-fast" because he can't think of anything else but his hungry stomach and filling it with his beloved cereal.

But now, now I overhear him uttering something altogether different to his daddy. "Baketball" or sometimes "baket hoop" and then I hear much joyous laughter and noises coming from our living room.

My son received this great birthday gift from my parents. It was an idea from my husband so we know that really, it's as much a gift to Greg as it is to Eli. It's a kids hoop but it can actually go up to 6 feet so it's going to be around for awhile.

Too bad the thing is ginormous and takes up half the living room. If he didn't love it so much I'd put it away. I just don't have the heart, this kid adores shooting a ball. 


And it's pretty rare for Eli to not have clothes, but we were out romping "in the woods" with some friends this morning and Eli got overheated. Our little fair-skinned boy was red as a tomato from the walk and hot drive home. Summer is here! I think it's time to head to the beach.

-Heather

UPDATE: Eli was sleeping next to Greg in our bed Friday night (he woke up screaming so he got to take my spot for the rest of the night) and at some point he woke up and said "shoot the basketball" then went right back to sleep. Greg swears this happened. We can be certain the kid even dreams of basketball!

No comments: