Friday, May 3, 2013

ROYGBIV.

Back when I decided we were going to have a weather party, I knew right away I wanted to do a cute photo where the kids dressed up. I envisioned a row of kids, dressed in ROYGBIV under a cute banner on our fence, smiling and looking happy. I even had a plan for the two babies we knew to be the clouds.

And that could have worked if maybe, just maybe, I planned this party five years from now when Eli was seven and most of his friends were that age, too. But that's not the case. Most are actually younger than him. Plus one of the older kids got sick, a few couldn't make it, and our other cloud baby had to be out of town. I did coordinate with moms to get the kids to wear a certain color and it worked out that Eli got green because it was in the middle and I had just bought him these sweet green pants.

Trying to get this crew to cooperate was hilarious, though. Every time we'd get one settled, one would run away. Thanks to the parents for indulging me and at least trying!







Uff-da. Also I just realized the kids are in VIBGYOR order. Oh well. Here's a few of the better shots... where we at least got all kids:

Notice the full-on two-year-old back arched screaming tantrum happening here. 
Notice Eli got a stick that made him happy.



It's still pretty darn cute!

-Heather

2 comments:

Let Love Grow said...

OHHH I love it :-) SOO cute, sooo funny :-) So Fun!!

Laurel said...

Those pictures are so great. I really was laughing out loud! The back arch in defiance is a favorite of Micah's!