Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Sr. Discount Time.

The Linn Girls
It's my mom's birthday today! She's 65. Facebook told me that (of course I already knew) but I figure if facebook is broadcasting her age, I can say it here too! I don't think anyone will let her get a senior discount at first glance. She looks darn good for 65 and I hope those genes are in me. If I got the fat Zander legs, then let me at least hope for the aging-well genes, eh?

The photo above is from our family shoot in March in Arizona. I was pregnant, maybe nine weeks there. I had no idea if baby was a boy or a girl but now knowing, I'm more happy about this photo. It was just "the girls" shot. I remember smiling yet sadly thinking about how my daughter is missing in this shot. And she'll never be. We'll never have Maelee here to be one of the girls. That's never going to change and the finality is still a slap in the face. But the fact that I did have one of my daughters "in" the photo makes me smile.

The hope of me getting a shot with my mom, me, and my daughter... three generations together, that excites me. I can't wait to have a little red-headed girl that wants to call Grammy just like her brother did today.

Love you, Mom! I hope you get your carpet delievered and a perfect MN house that shows up for sale today... that's not too much to ask, eh?

-Heather

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Heather. I love all my girls here on earth, in the pouch, and up above. Grammy.