Sunday, July 28, 2013

Packing Tape.

We've gone through almost three things of packing tape.

Our lives are definitely out of the ordinary right now. It's all quite crazy. I can't believe we are moving in less than two days. Six years is a long time to be in one place. Sigh. The reality hasn't set, thankfully, but there have already been a few hard good-byes. Does anyone really like good-byes?

We have had some great times these last weeks being with friends. Eli especially has had a fun time being spoiled by Sidni and Dori and just hanging out often with all his friends. I think he has figured out something is happening, obviously with the boxes and changes around the house. But he's definitely had a few moments where you know he just isn't or can't process what's going on. Heck, I don't even know if I am!

We have been busy busy packing up our earthly belongings and figuring out details on this and that. The moving truck is half packed now and later today should be near fully packed, minus what we'll need in the next few days and/or what could melt in the truck. I guess our days of melting are coming to an end.

There is absolutely NO WAY we could do this without the help from our friends. We are going going to miss them so much! We are blessed. I am so grateful for all the love and help and care we've been shown. God's people just blow me out of the water at times.
I think we'll pack him along.
Baby girl appointment bright and early tomorrow so hopefully I'll post an update on her soon (gratefully she's been moving fairly consistently).

-Heather

2 comments:

Let Love Grow said...

Norwex made an appearance on my blog :-) Hope to say good bye tomorrow...

Anonymous said...

I remember saying our goodbyes when we left San Diego. It was so very hard, but God had plans for us elsewhere, and the people He put in our lives played a big part in our growth. They will always be a part of us. Just like all the special people in SC for you! I am thankful that God is bringing you so close to Dickinson...closer than Williston even! You are in our prayers as you head for the great North! We have missed you! Aunt Ruthie