Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Pregnant and Moving.

One of the hardest things about this move is heading out when I'll be 28+ weeks pregnant. I have talked before about my love for my high-risk OBGYN and his practice. I appreciated him so much during the rollercoaster rainbow pregnancy with Eli and his birth. All of his staff are great and the practice is so efficiently run, I never wait more than five minutes in the waiting room. There has been a comfort this time around every time I go in for an appointment, a feeling of "I've done this before, I know what to expect". Plus it turned out well with them (we got an Eli!). I was planning for the exact same thing with this girl.

But even more weighty than leaving my doctor is not getting to share this baby girl with so many people here. So many folks that have been with us, walking closely with us on this journey. I would love nothing more than to have them see us bring home a healthy baby girl. I want to see their joy as I put our girl in their arms and thank them for their love and prayers and care. The friends here have been the ones to see us grieve daily and been the ones to walk with us through these years of our losses and our joys.

We'll get to share her with our family and a few friends in ND, of course, we are aware of that great blessing and joy. And we will get to share her via the internet with those here. I just wish I could give them the gift of being a part of this baby girl's arrival, too.

To those of you on this journey with us, thanks so much for loving us and our children so well. For those of you here, I do anticipate the day when our family comes back to visit and I can introduce you to our girl on earth.

And please be praying that she'll be born alive and healthy. It's going to be a stressful few months, full of transition. I found a few doctors (though none seem as great/experienced as my doc here!) and I have an appointment shortly after I arrive in Bismarck. I hope I can adequately explain our history, and how worried I may get as we draw closer to her due date. I'm trying to stay calm and not let my blood pressure skyrocket from stress! As long as she keeps moving so consistently, it should calm much of my anxiety over how she's doing with all this. And once we arrive in Bismarck, you know I'll be resting up!

-Heather

Oh and with all this stress, all name discussions have come to a halt!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Heather,

did you go to school with Trisha Leonard? she had a high risk OB in Bismarck. If you are not in contact with her, let me know and I'll found out from her sister, the name of the physician.

Melissa Wyland

HLK said...

Melissa, I don't think I know Trisha. Feel free to pass her doctor info onto me. Thanks!