Thursday, July 25, 2013

Shealy's.

On our SC bucket list was Shealy's. It a buffet-style restaurant in Batesburg-Leesville about 40 minutes from Cola. We were part of a church in BL for over a year (all during my pregnancy with Maelee and after) but we never got to go to Shealy's because, in sweet southern style it's closed on Sundays, the day we were usually there!

So went we did. And it was all southern (I had to have a friend explain some if the buffet offerings!) and all quite tasty. The best was the pulley bones. They don't have them on the buffet, you gotta know to ask for it (thus why you go with locals). Such good white meat fried chicken...I'm going to miss good chicken. I didn't love their BBQ because it's not tomato based so I would stick to chicken there. The place is huge and crazy well known. Totally worth a stop. Though to be fair to your waistline and arteries, I wouldn't frequent there often.

Also, don't bring a two-year old, feed him jello (and have someone else feed him more plus ice cream) and think you'll be able to have good conversation. It won't happen. He will just run around like a crazy child and you will wonder who he belongs to.

Some great folks here!
It looked much better before I had scarfed it all down but I forgot to take a before photo.

Pulley Bone. Bam.

Check!
-Heather

No comments: