Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Eli Hearts You.

Eli had craft time again last week. It's a holiday today, you know. We had to make a few cards to send to the family. And since you are in our extended virtual family, you can just pretend one of these is for you, too. I made up the sayings to go along with what we were doing...



I had an idea of putting a heart sticker on the card before Eli's foot stamp, then peeling away the sticker. I only had two heart stickers but it turned out great. I also did his name in stickers inside his hand print (thankfully Eli is only three letters so we don't have to wait until he's got big Grandpa Harold hands to fit his name in there). I think I'll use this peel-sticker-after idea for future hand/foot print activities... you know there will be many, many more. 


Foot prints are easy to do with Eli but the hand prints? Well, those are a little tough. Let's just say there is usually a lot of paint around. There is a certain time limit Eli has for these craft times, too. Then he hits his limit and enough is enough. (I have a feeling his sentiments on crafting won't change).

The owner of these adorable hands and feet is sick again with another cold. He's so pathetic you can't help but feel sorry for him. Now on to invent a little machine like the dentist has to suck water out of your mouth but made for small noses...

-Heather

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They actually do have such a machine.....a nasal aspirator...made for little ones...I've seen it at Walmart!! =) Hope he feels better soon!

Dori said...

I love the little Eli in his hand print! He will have such fun memories of creating with his Mommy :)