Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Stella.

I really can't hear the name "Stella" without hearing Brando from the messed up movie/play "A Streetcar Named Desire". It's just stuck in my head.

Even though Greg gives Eli most of his baths, I do occasionally and every time I say "Stellllla" out loud. Why you ask? Because of Eli's soap.

It's called Mustela and it's European and I have no idea how it's pronounced. But it reminds me of the name Stella, thus why I break out the Brando.

And it's the BEST baby wash. It's expensive. But worth it! We've used it on Eli since his first bath.

A few reasons why I love it:

  1. Apparently it's good for cradle crap. Eli never had any.
  2. It doesn't have a very strong smell (I don't do fragrance). The smell is light, pleasant and you just want to take a deep breath of Eli. So good.
  3. Eli's got some crazy sensitive skin (thanks to us) but he has never had any reaction to this stuff. He also hasn't had too dry/too oily skin or any break outs or peeling... that could be his skin but I think this soap may have something to do with it.
  4. Our first bottle has lasted since May (even with a broken pump). We just bought another that we'll break out in a week or two. And we have given Eli a bath almost every day (every other just recently). Even though it costs $16.49 at our Buy Buy Baby... when it lasts that long and is this good, it's so worth it. 
  5. It's not even soap. I just looked it up here. It's soap-free. It says it's especially for newborns but we may just use it on him until he leaves for college. Ha.

I just thought you should know. A bottle of this stuff would be a great baby gift. And if you want your kid to smell like Eli (which I highly suggest), use it! Mustela Dermo-Cleansing (Cleansing gel for Hair and Body) on Amazon here.


In case you are wondering, I don't get anything for product endorsement. But I should, eh?

-Heather

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He's getting so big! What a cutie pie. Give him a hug, squeeze, and lots of kisses from Auntie Amy.
Love you!

Rebekah said...

Baby C will be washed with this stuff... I am sold after your little infomercial.