Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Caleb!

Our dear friends, Ben and Sarah, welcomed their firstborn into the world today. Caleb James is here alive and healthy! He was a whopping 8lbs 10oz at birth. He had his eyes open quite a bit, very impressive. It was so fun to see how elated Ben was and to see how relieved Sarah was! I didn't get a photo of Caleb with his mom... but she looked great after laboring that big boy!

And of course Eli is so excited to have a new friend. Well, maybe not excited, but he was a bit curious:



Now hopefully Caleb doesn't start crawling before Eli.

Sidenote: we had fun going back to the place where Eli was born. I was so happy I actually knocked on the room next to theirs to say congratulations to the family inside... all because I saw the new baby's name was Eli. I rarely do things like that but I was just on this happy baby high... thankfully the mom was so happy to meet our Eli and kept asking lots of questions (both boys named just Eli with their dad's middle names). Real sweet... and hopefully a story for that Eli's baby book: "he met his first Eli in the hospital when some random crazy lady knocked on our door." I love the South!

Also, we went out to eat afterwards at Firehouse Subs and I proceeded to drop almost a whole jar of green beans alllll over the floor, my foot (wearing flip flops), my pants... ah, yes, fun times! Get ready Sarah!

-Heather

UPDATE:
We saw Caleb on Friday again... he is over eight pounds here but he still looks pretty tiny next to our big boy!


Proud Momma!

1 comment:

Jill K said...

so soo sweet to hear of Caleb's arrival and to hear the joy for your visit back there. So grateful for that for all of you!
We love you!!