Thursday, February 16, 2012

Roast.

You are going to thank me for this post.

Do you roast your broccoli? Or any of your veggies? If not, you should. It makes them melt in your mouth. I have been craving vegetables because of this. So, so good. I've roasted potatoes in the oven many a time, but never others. Now, now I know how great it can be.

I found this post on pinterest and followed it. Basically you line a cookie sheet with foil, drizzle it with olive oil, add your fresh cut veggies, salt and pepper, a few garlic cloves and stick it in your 400 degree oven for 15-20 minutes, stirring all that goodness around once in awhile. With broccoli, I squeeze some lemon on it and add parmesan like her recipe. 

Oh it's so good.

Since I was already roasting broccoli for our Valentine's meal, I decided to follow this post and make some heart shaped potatoes to roast as well. They were delicious and pretty darn cute.

Of course the steak was amazing but the sides were also tasty. So much so that I believe Greg said "I just want to keep eating" long after we should have been done.


Looks good, eh? Admittedly the dinner was not as romantic with sick Eli in his high chair next to us. To give you perspective, here he is eying my steak:


Oh and don't let that sippy cup fool you, Eli still doesn't take a cup or bottle for liquid. He does enjoy chewing on it however. You can tell Eli's not feeling well here, poor little man.

At one point Greg had to sit Eli on his lap and in typical Eli fashion, he preceded to grab the tablecloth. As much as he would have loved to pull a Houdini move, he failed and all the dishes/food started to go with it. Thankfully his dad has lightening reflexes and all dishes stayed on the table. It would have been really sad for any of this meal to make it to the floor. Also, this is why we use tablecloths sparingly.

Go, roast any and everything that looks like a vegetable!

-Heather

1 comment:

Rebekah said...

I am having a pregnancy moment and those roasted vegggies sound so good that I want to make them right now. And it is 9:20 pm.