Saturday, March 24, 2012

Plop.

It's already quite warm here so we are retiring the fleece pajamas and going for cotton. He's got two pairs (I may need to go shopping, oh darn) but these are my favorite. Aw shucks, he's so fun.



Now this photo is deceiving. It looks like he could be crawling. But he's not. He's staring at the TV that I turned on. And he stayed like that the whole time Baby Einstein was on. I was hoping to sort of get his muscles used to this position so that maybe, just maybe, he'd be interested in crawling.

Our pediatrician was a little worried about Eli's lack of movement. He really should be crawling by now (apparently). So on April 12 some lady will be coming to our home to evaluate Eli and make sure nothing is wrong and see if he's developmentally okay. I feel like he's been crabbier than his normal self the past few weeks and my guess is teeth plus he's becoming discontent with not being able to get to where he wants to go. He's more frustrated when he wants a toy (or my cell phone) and can't get to it...whereas last month he would just find another toy or his hands.

I am not too worried. Eli interacts with us, "talks" to us and that reassures me. And he's alive. I don't want to ever take that for granted. Plus Eli can get around in a full circle while on his bum and while on all fours, he does sort of move backwards if he really wants. He also reaches, reeeaaaches for anything his little fingers can stretch to find... so there is some movement. I also know that someday he will crawl or walk. It's going to happen!

Until then, we are spoiled in that if you plop him down in one spot, he'll most likely be there when you get back!

-Heather

New teeth photos to come soon!

No comments: