Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Many.

I know a fair bit of moms with quite a few kids. We have lots of relatives that had or have lots of kids. My Grandma had like 15 siblings. See:


And I have NO idea how those women did it. Maybe I'm just not made of the same stuff.

Those few times I posted about how I thought Eli was getting his top teeth? I lied. I think I was just trying to find an excuse for his orneriness. Since this weekend, he has been working on five top teeth. Five. The bottom two coming in were a cake walk compared to these. He's so, so miserable.

And I want my sweet boy back! He whimpers, and screams, and looks at us like "stop this pain!" And we ran out of Advil Monday night. He won't nurse or put really anything in his mouth. We were up with him most of the night. Thus the blog post I did yesterday is a random rant of sporadic thoughts. Greg took a nap over lunch yesterday. It was one of those days. Last night was better (we all slept more).

All that to say... it's teeth. They will come in! It's not an option, every person gets teeth. He'll be back to his happy, contented self soon. Until then, we love him the best we can. And since Maelee or 15 other kids aren't around, he's one very spoiled loved kid.

-Heather 

1 comment:

Rebekah said...

I feel for you. Teething is pretty much worse than labor and delivery in my book. And for the record, they eventually are happy kids again. It just seems like an eternity until that happens.