Saturday, September 29, 2012

Check.

Today I figured out how to use my food saver machine (see line in post below). I need to find an old to-do list just so I can have that euphoric, marvelous feeling of crossing it off.

You listy people with a thing for completion know what I mean. Done. Check. Bam.

Perhaps I should list my outstanding to-do's on the blog so that I'm more motivated to get 'er done?

Na, that's a little TMI.

Not only did I get that done today, but I just made one huge batch of apple crisp, one apple pie and one apple crumb pie to freeze for the next weeks.

While Eli and Greg were out doing yard work (man time) and I was fluting my crust, I had a missing Maelee moment. How wonderful would Saturdays be with her in the kitchen with me, showing her how to make pie crust, talking about the great women bakers that she comes from? In our matching sweet aprons?

Miss that girl and all that we could have had as a mother/daughter duo.

I also had a moment of recognizing how much work it is to core/peel/slice apples... without that little doo-hicky of a machine. I want that. Mom, can I have yours?

And before I put my pie in the freezer (using my MIL's recipe), my darling of a husband gave me quite the compliment "it looks just like my mothers". Now the true test is if it tastes like his mothers... but I'm only 30. I need to bake about 500 more pies to even get remotely close to that status!

-Heather

No comments: