Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Stitching in Time.

My dear friend Cindy has an etsy shop and I'm going to shamelessly plug it.

If you need something cute crocheted for a baby, she's your person. A crocheted hat has become my go-to baby gift. I love them on girls because you can do big sweet flowers. But Eli's leaf hat he wore was super adorable and boy-ish so these things work for boys, too.

I asked Cindy if she would make a teeny-tiny rainbow on a white hat for a friend having a rainbow baby boy last month. I was worried it would look girly, but indeed it works for a boy! I love this hat. I'm going to buy one for every new rainbow baby I know! And you should do the same. Really, I guarantee their parents will appreciate you acknowledging their baby journey, their loss/the storm and the joy and promise that has come.

Considering I thought the term rainbow baby sounded stupid when I first heard it, I've really gotten into it, eh?

Here's the hat up close and on the sweet rainbow baby last month!



Sweet, eh?

Go here to visit Cindy's Etsy Shop: Stitching in Time.

Cindy has also made the main part to Eli's Halloween costume: a Yoda hat. Adorable, it will be! I can't wait to share photos of that sweetness.

-Heather

1 comment: